Visualisation Advanced Editor

Imagine my surprise when I had a training session and somebody asked me if I can change the order of measures that are pivoted + a table calculation outside of the pivot. I told them it's not possible until I saw this new button:

Dawid_0-1689849730015.png

Surprisingly, it was ommitted from the release notes. It allows us to modify JSON of the chart configuration, which is amazing!

Dawid_1-1689849785502.png

1 4 2,018
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Dawid - I checked it only after reading your post and it seems quite a powerful concept, though I think there isn't much documentation on it. Please share if there exist sample and documentation on it.

~A 

Here you can find some information: https://cloud.google.com/looker/docs/advanced-visualization-editor

It also says it's a Labs feature, perhaps that's why it wasn't mentioned in the release. It uses Highcharts library and maybe, just maybe, we will be able to use this editor to create more complex visualisations on the fly but it will depend on the accessibility of whether we can tell the chart what data to use and how.. 

Really interested in using the drilldown/drillup module. Does anyone have any experience?

Does anyone know if there is a way to save the custom part for easy reuse?

e.g.

{
legend: {
enabled: true,
labelFormat: '{name} - {y:,0.f}'
},
plotOptions: {
pie: {
showInLegend: true
}
}
}