Notifications for Google Sites Edits

I set notifications in all my GDocs and Sheets.  But I can't find a way to do the same in Google Sites. Is there a way to set up notifications for when edits are made within Google Sites?  Ty!

Solved Solved
0 5 241
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello dalkesm,

I just took at look at the new Google Sites and you are correct there is no way to set notifications for collaborator's edits. If you haven't already done so maybe send feedback to the Google Sites Team by clicking the more icon (3 vertical dots) in the Google Site followed by selecting "Help Sites Improve". When providing your future feature request be as detailed as possible explaining why the edit notifications feature is useful.

Best of luck,

Draz the Nerd

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Though I haven't done it, it should be possible to query Drive metadata for the Sites file in question, to determine the last modification date/time and user. If helpful, this could easily be accomplished with Apps Script.

Otherwise, I'm not aware of any currently exposed API access to the Sites Version History.

Ty for your answer.  

What's helpful in the notifications for Docs/Sheets is that I can see in real time if someone is in/editing the sheets and the exact thing they are editing.  I don't want to have to remind myself to go into the Site to see if someone has made edits. Also, it would be impossible for me to go in on a regular basis and eyeball the whole thing trying to see if someone had made changes.  The same would hole true with a "regular" website.  It's impossible to go eyeball content on a regular basis to see if someone has made changes/messed with it.  So doing a query to see modification date/time and user would not fulfill the purpose of notifications and it wouldn't allow me to see what they did.  Unless I'm misunderstanding what the query would reveal:)

Hello dalkesm,

I just took at look at the new Google Sites and you are correct there is no way to set notifications for collaborator's edits. If you haven't already done so maybe send feedback to the Google Sites Team by clicking the more icon (3 vertical dots) in the Google Site followed by selecting "Help Sites Improve". When providing your future feature request be as detailed as possible explaining why the edit notifications feature is useful.

Best of luck,

Draz the Nerd

Thank you for the suggestion.  I did indeed do a feature suggestion yesterday.  Have a super weekend!

Your welcome! ๐Ÿคž

Top Solution Authors