GOOGLE VAULT GOING AWAY SOON FOR GOOGLE WORKSPACE FOR NONPROFITS

Just like Google User Storage Upgrades, Google Vault will no longer be available as an Add-On product in the Google Workspace for Nonprofits. This means if you want to continue to use Vault, you will need to upgrade to one of the Business editions but even with the serious discounted pricing for Nonprofits, it can be quite inxpensive. For my organization, this means instead of paying under $2K per year for just over 150 Vault Add-On licenses, we would have to now pay for all of our users which are currently FREE. When upgrading to Google Workspace for Business (Standard or Plus versions), we would now have to pay for both Active and Archived Users which would cost us a minumum of $1100 per month for 500 users (100 Active & 400 Archived). That's over $10K more per year that we cannot afford and we got no warning about this.

Talk about inflation! This is unbelievable even with this 70% discounted pricing. It just isn't right and we may have to spend hours to export at least our email data and move it elsewhere.

Has anyone else experienced this yet?

0 3 1,854
3 REPLIES 3

@ITGUY I guess you already know the pricing :

https://www.google.com/nonprofits/workspace/compare/

I asked about it at a user community event a few days back, I actually asked about the difficulty that small organizations are facing due to the unavailability of additional storage and the improper upgrade criteria.

Now, the answer was not proper but I caught this word, which I heard earlier as well:

"The company is going that way".

I feel for you but, unfortunately, the company is going that way where they are trying to convert all free services/addons to a better paying solution.

@ITGUY  Now what you can do is try for a partial upgrade (I think the minimum criteria is 10 or 20% , not sure how it works for nonprofits)  

If they are letting you do a partial upgrade get upgrade for only those who need....now each person will get  2TB of storage which is pooled, you can keep a backup account and set a storage limit for other ids.

For example, lets say you upgrade 21 licenses, and set the storage limit for other ids as 100GB  which will save you 1.9TB/user x20 = 38TB, put this 38TB +2TB=40TB to the 21st user and use it as a backup account.

But whether non profits can do partial upgrade is the question.

Has anyone figure out whether the partial upgrade above is an option?  

I run a non-profit with small core team that also gives email addresses to an army of volunteers.  Core team needs more storage which we don't mind paying for, but having to upgrade light use volunteers means this is a huge bill...