Show multiple lines in line chart

I have the data like this-

date| product| price

I want to plot the prices of the products datewise on a linechart.

However, I have 3 products and I want a separate line for each product i.e. 3 lines total.

I could find adding new Y axis in https://cloud.google.com/looker/docs/line-options but I am not able to understand from where to drag the series to get it added there. Not sure if that will create 3 lines.

Solved Solved
0 6 505
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hey @vkhalpada !
In order to have one line per product, you will need to pivot the product dimension and the price need to be a type measure.
Check this example here how I structured the data:

dsimeonova_0-1710154316298.png

Hope it helps!
Please share if this helped to solve your issue.

Regards!

View solution in original post

Hey @vkhalpada !
Taking in account the same example that I gave:

dsimeonova_0-1710840907695.png

Whenever you have the base query selected if you click over the Gear option of the measure, you can see the Calculations and then select % of row. Depending on how the data is structured there are some different pre-built table calculations
If none of those works for your exam I recommend you to check the full list of them here: Looker functions and operators  |  Google Cloud
Afterwards, you can decide if the absolute value is needed, if not, you can hide it from the visualization.

Hope this is what you're looking for. If not please come back here 😉
Regards!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey @vkhalpada !
In order to have one line per product, you will need to pivot the product dimension and the price need to be a type measure.
Check this example here how I structured the data:

dsimeonova_0-1710154316298.png

Hope it helps!
Please share if this helped to solve your issue.

Regards!

Thank you so much @dsimeonova  . This helped!!

Very cool! Thanks for this.

@dsimeonova , is it possible to get another graph which shows the rates of product types datewise?

Eg - In your case, 3 lines with each line indicating the percent contribution of each product, i.e first line indicates the %contribution for Kalvin Klein for given dates, second line for jeans and so on

Hey @vkhalpada !
Taking in account the same example that I gave:

dsimeonova_0-1710840907695.png

Whenever you have the base query selected if you click over the Gear option of the measure, you can see the Calculations and then select % of row. Depending on how the data is structured there are some different pre-built table calculations
If none of those works for your exam I recommend you to check the full list of them here: Looker functions and operators  |  Google Cloud
Afterwards, you can decide if the absolute value is needed, if not, you can hide it from the visualization.

Hope this is what you're looking for. If not please come back here 😉
Regards!

Thank you so much @dsimeonova , it is exactly what was needed.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors