Alignment for Null values not working

For some reason, my alignment is not working for null values. It is very weird that all numerical values are aligned correctly. Also, using โ€œCOALESCEโ€ does not work in this case.

Is there a way I can fix this? Please let me know!Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 6.19.46 PM

1 4 281
4 REPLIES 4

Are you using some custom HTML to align this, or the built-in table alignment?

If the latter, I think itโ€™s a bug and weโ€™ll want to fix it.

If the former, itโ€™s a more long-standing feature request/expected behavior, that happens because when a value is null Looker doesnโ€™t really render anything besides รธ. One thing you can do here is add a coalesce in the SQL of your MTD rtn field to coalesce null values to โ€œN/Aโ€ or -1 or something that you can then align & color accordingly.

Hey izzy,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, both method would not work, and I am very confused. I will try some other methods and will provide an update in this thread!

Seems like the built-in alignment functionality for visualization is now working (overriding the HTML formatting)! This is awesome! Thank you so much Izzy.

Glad to hear it ๐Ÿ™‚ I was just thinking about this one today. Thanks for checking back in!

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors