column order in Looker

The column order in the visualization is different from the column order that I define when I drag the column into results. Can someone help me? Thank you

soumyanaidu_0-1711148001832.png

soumyanaidu_2-1711148045881.png

0 9 197
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Somyanaidu, Can you share the columns and the differences that you can see? 

You can see how the 2nd column (Msg Sent to No Dnd) is showing up as the last column in the visualization

soumyanaidu_0-1711394854603.png

@soumyanaidu The columns can be ordered manually in the table and visual by dragging them. They don't have to be in the same order, so depending on how things were added/moved will change the order in the UI.

I would like it to be ordered as shown in the results section. And that's how I've done it for all the dashboards I've created so far. But for some reason, I am unable to get this one ordered like you see in the results section.

Hi Soumyanaidu, Ideally dragging the columns in the required order should have corrected the issue but considering that has been tried. Can you confirm, If there are the Calculated columns or not?

No, there are no calculated columns. Its almost as if Looker wants to arrange it in the same order as it is in the field explorer on the left hand side 

soumyanaidu_0-1711484780395.png

I tried to replicate the same on the Look ML project, but I was able to change the order just by dragging and rearranging it. Can you check the SQL? When we reorder the columns, their order gets changed in the SQL. Can you recheck and see if the dragging of the columns is being reflected in the SQL or not?

And you should also try to move the columns in the visual (table)as well and then run& save. 

1.PNG

The SQL fields are in the correct order

soumyanaidu_1-1711747095084.png

Hi, 

I created a new visualization and everything is working fine. I could not get that earlier one to work. Thank you so much for your help. You can close this issue

Top Labels in this Space