Scheduling Alerts for Weekdays Only

I’m trying to set up some dashboard alerts for events we’d only expect on weekdays but the alerts are firing on the weekend. 

For example, we want an alert to send to slack when a click rate of an email falls below an expected threshold, we only send this email on weekdays so naturally on weekends the click rate would be 0% which is obviously below the expected threshold by a weekday standard. 

Is there a way to only schedule alerts on weekdays?

Solved Solved
0 2 597
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One admittedly clunky option would be to schedule multiple “weekly” alerts for a tile, one for each weekday.

Another option is to use a Look with a schedule. Before “Alerts” was available, I set up Looks w/ a schedule configured to send notifications only when a result set was present. Conveniently, the Look scheduler has the option “specific days of the week.” Here’s to hoping that same choice finds its way to the Alerts scheduler soon.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

One admittedly clunky option would be to schedule multiple “weekly” alerts for a tile, one for each weekday.

Another option is to use a Look with a schedule. Before “Alerts” was available, I set up Looks w/ a schedule configured to send notifications only when a result set was present. Conveniently, the Look scheduler has the option “specific days of the week.” Here’s to hoping that same choice finds its way to the Alerts scheduler soon.

That’s how I’ve handled it in the past, was hoping the Alerts would work better. Thanks for the answer! 

Top Labels in this Space