Nothing happens when clicking on "Create Report" when connecting to GCP MySql DB

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to connect Looker to a GCP MySQL DB hosted on a sandbox SQL Instance on our GCP account.

I'm using the dedicated Google Cloud MySQL Connector offered by Looker. I am able to authenticate and select one table... I can also see a preview of all the fields dimensions and metrics available for this table. So far so good, nonetheless during the very last step I keep clicking on "Create Report" or "Export" and nothing happens. No spinning wheel, no new tab, just nothing. I've tried to reconfigure from scratch but same issue.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 1 344
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So I was able to finally found out what this whole issue was... When creating a new report or clicking on export, Firefox recognizes that a new pop-up will be prompted and automatically blocked it.. I had just not seen the warning.

I think you might reconsider the UX of this step nonetheless, either mention that the browser should not block any pop-up or by changing the URL forward and stay within the same page.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

So I was able to finally found out what this whole issue was... When creating a new report or clicking on export, Firefox recognizes that a new pop-up will be prompted and automatically blocked it.. I had just not seen the warning.

I think you might reconsider the UX of this step nonetheless, either mention that the browser should not block any pop-up or by changing the URL forward and stay within the same page.

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space