How to go from one dashboard to another without losing filters?

Hey all, hopefully an obvious answer I am missing. TY! 

Solved Solved
1 1 288
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @kaaarrloo !
If you're using Looker (not Looker Studio), the answer of this question really depends on what is the actual use case.
Let's say that you have Dashboard A and inside of it you have a link button that leads to Dashboard B and you want to take the filter values from Dash A to Dash B. If you use the default button inside of the dashboard, you cannot use Liquid.
Because of that, you will need to create this button as dimension on the backend and then include it inside of the dashboard as a tile and include the link:

https://instance_name.looker.com/dashboards/249?State={{ _filters['users.state'] | url_encode }}&Date={{ _filters['orders.date'] | url_encode }}

Remember to have the same dimensions as filters on top of the dashboards.
There is a little bit more complex workaround that I didn't test yet but here you have it: Passing dashboard filters in a link to another das... - Google Cloud Community
Try it and let me know if it works! 
Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hey @kaaarrloo !
If you're using Looker (not Looker Studio), the answer of this question really depends on what is the actual use case.
Let's say that you have Dashboard A and inside of it you have a link button that leads to Dashboard B and you want to take the filter values from Dash A to Dash B. If you use the default button inside of the dashboard, you cannot use Liquid.
Because of that, you will need to create this button as dimension on the backend and then include it inside of the dashboard as a tile and include the link:

https://instance_name.looker.com/dashboards/249?State={{ _filters['users.state'] | url_encode }}&Date={{ _filters['orders.date'] | url_encode }}

Remember to have the same dimensions as filters on top of the dashboards.
There is a little bit more complex workaround that I didn't test yet but here you have it: Passing dashboard filters in a link to another das... - Google Cloud Community
Try it and let me know if it works! 
Good luck!

Top Labels in this Space