How can you make a dashboard that shows how often another dashboard is viewed?

Hi all,

I want to make a dashboard that shows who’s accessed another specific dashboard, and how often they have, over different timespans (last 24 hours, last week, all time, etc.). I can use the history.query_run_count measure field to see who’s accessed the dashboard at all, and guess at it from there. The ideal thing would be to get a solid number of times a user’s looked at my dashboard - is there a field that I can use for that?

I apologize if this is an obvious question or any of my terms are inaccurate - I’m kind of new to Looker.

0 2 713
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @EFulmer,

You can achieve that by clicking Explore > System Activity > History and the using a filter by ID from Dashboard section and then adding Created At Time from the Query panel.

Just be aware of the fact that System Activity keeps the history for the last 90 days only!

Hey @Dawid, thanks for this!

But, how does the query.count measure relate to distinct views, per user?

It seems like query count is an approximation, but I cannot tell for sure. For example, if you have a Dashboard with 5 tiles, does one view create five queries?

I’m proficient with SQL so we can go deeper into the weeds if that would help to explain.

Top Labels in this Space