Hide Value Labels from a calculated Measure

Hi, Community!

I have my first question, hopefully we can sort it out together.

I have my daily sales and I have a calculation with the average value of sales in the last 30 days. I want to visualise these two, as a line chart shown as area.

Everything looks fine, until I want to show the Value Labels for the Sales line. I canโ€™t find an option to show the Labels only for the Sales and keep the Average just as a line. It keeps showing on every point and looks awful.

Adding a Reference Line does not work either, as I need the area below the Average to be coloured (say, in blue) while the area of Sales to be yellow, so we see in this way when we are โ€˜underโ€™ or โ€˜over the surfaceโ€™.

Hope that makes sense as an explanation of my issue. Thanks for your time & help!

0 5 645
5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

Indeed, the โ€œshow value labelโ€ is all or nothing in the viz settings.

But there is a โ€œknown hackโ€ to work around this:

You can set some value colors to hide a serie using โ€œtransparentโ€, then other colors to show your other series (the color applies in the order of the columns of your data table!).

Hope it would help,
Antho

@antho is spot on!

I would only add that you can take it even further by using the value format to only display labels over a threshold (constant unfortunately) and combine that with say a scatter plot to emphasize values above average like below.

Perfect, lovely! Thank you both!

Wow Cyril, this viz is amazing ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Bravo Cyril! This is just what I needed ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space