Is there a way to filter inside the filters?

Hi,

I want to display the filter results after certain conditions, compared to the original views/explores. While I found there seems no good way of doing so, even if the conditions are set for all the visualizations inside the dashboards, the top filter results stay to show everything.

While I want to hide some of the lists from showing, is there a way to achieve that?

Thank you!

0 1 43
1 REPLY 1

In LookML, you can use the suggestions parameter to hard-code a list of values for the filter suggestions, or you can use the suggest_dimension parameter to point to a different dimension for filter suggestions.

You can also set the filter suggestions to change based on the selected value of another filter on the same dashboard. When editing the dashboard filter that you want to impact other filter(s), under the "Settings" tab, expand "Additional options" and check the box for "Select filters to update when this filter changes." You'll be able to select one or more filters whose suggestions will update when the value of the filter you're editing changes. You can read more here.

I hope I understood your question correctly. Let me know if one of those options helps!