Firestore locations not available?

I am pushing a project to production and we are realizing that our intended Firestore database, me-central1, is not available in our list of options despite being listed here: https://firebase.google.com/docs/firestore/locations#location-mr

In the Firebase workflow is gives a preset list of options where me-central1 and several others in the documentation are not included, and of course you cannot change it later as it fixes the location to the project. 

Does someone know a workaround or seen similar issues?

Solved Solved
2 2 113
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Firestore region me-central1 is active and should be available location. It seems that there might be a temporary issue or a delay in its appearance in the Firebase Console selection menu. This can happen due to caching issues, updates being rolled out, or simply a mismatch in the console's current display settings.

Given that me-central1 is confirmed to be operational and actively serving users, I recommend trying the following steps:

• Refresh the Firebase Console: Sometimes, a simple refresh or clearing the browser cache can help update the list of available options.
  • Check Region Availability: Ensure that the Firebase project settings do not restrict region selection due to settings from linked services or prior configurations.
  • Contact Firebase Support: If the region still does not appear, reaching out to Firebase support could provide more direct assistance and clarify if there's any specific reason why me-central1 isn't available for your project.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The Firestore region me-central1 is active and should be available location. It seems that there might be a temporary issue or a delay in its appearance in the Firebase Console selection menu. This can happen due to caching issues, updates being rolled out, or simply a mismatch in the console's current display settings.

Given that me-central1 is confirmed to be operational and actively serving users, I recommend trying the following steps:

• Refresh the Firebase Console: Sometimes, a simple refresh or clearing the browser cache can help update the list of available options.
  • Check Region Availability: Ensure that the Firebase project settings do not restrict region selection due to settings from linked services or prior configurations.
  • Contact Firebase Support: If the region still does not appear, reaching out to Firebase support could provide more direct assistance and clarify if there's any specific reason why me-central1 isn't available for your project.

Huh, very strange, thanks it is showing now after not all week.