GCP Free Trial Sign-Up - Error OR_BACR2_34 - Help?!

I've been trying to set up my company GCP account for four days. I've opened a GCP Billing Support ticket and slowly elevated the severity over the last four days. I've gotten no response. 

I have used a normal debit card. My bank or debit account isn't holding it up - I've called them. I am using a company email account attached to my Google Workspace & Domain account. 

I've been a full-stack developer for 13 years; this is easily the most frustrating sign-up of my life. My entire start-up is now at a standstill because an important dataset we're using is in BigQuery, and I can't move it into a GCP bucket because I have no GCP account. 

Does anyone have a solution to this? I've crawled the Forums here, StackOverflow, and random places online. A lot of people are experiencing this sort of error and there doesn't seem to be an explanation. It's stretched over the last few years, too. I found similar issues from 2018 with no responses from Google support but the tickets/threads were closed by Google with a generic response. 

Error: 
This action couldn't be completed. Please try again later. OR_BACR2_34

19 42 18.7K
42 REPLIES 42

I'm bumping this after being passed from Google Cloud support to Google Workspace support, and then being told that I need to contact the Google Cloud Partner by a support agent.

This is truly frustrating. I can't contact Google Cloud Billing support because I am unable to set up the Google Cloud Billing account. The error message is stopping that from happening, and it's been over a week of me trying to solve this.

I have opened a Customer Care Portal case - they passed me to Google Cloud support. 
Google Cloud support passed me to Google Cloud Partner page and told me this was how my problem would be solved.

I just want to open a Google Cloud Billing account. How is this so difficult? Why can't a single Google employee just respond and help me fix this? I have an entire staff being paid that can't work because of an error message and no support from Google.

First of all, really sorry this is still unresolved. I'm sure you've already been through this 87 different ways, but still have to ask to see how I can best help... firstly, do you have 2-factor auth enabled on the debit card you originally attempted to use to setup the GCP billing account? And related, is your master Google payments profile currently active with a valid form of payment that matches the GCP list of valid forms of payment? (not 100% overlap) 

If unsure, check out some additional details here & let me know if you've already been down this road / what you were advised to do if it was confirmed there shouldn't be any issue with the way your debit card is setup nor with your country / location where you're setting it up from to have caused the original issue. 

Hi, The solution you have given is not understandable and for a new user this tricky method is really frustrating and I have easily created account and resources in AWS and Microsoft Azure but i am really regret the procedure and some tough methodology you have designed to create 'Billing Account' and there is no proper resource or information for this to help, more over your documentation is like encyclopedia and it is uselessly dragging to unwanted pages and wasting the valuable time.

constantly getting  [OR_BACR2_34] no matter what card try please help me resolve this please. all my cards are UpToDate 

i kindly will like to use the trial 

I do have the same issue.

Same thing happened here ;(

Utter crap. Same here. Been trying with two different cards that always work online, error code [OR_BACR2_34] keeps popping up, just can't register and use Google Translate API. 

Google is not going in the right direction. reCaptcha v2 and v3 are not even accessible anymore as well, we are being forced to go towards reCaptcha Entreprise which most plugins don't even support yet. No way to access prior account data/API keys either.

Since all is moving toward Cloud, such things have been happening and there is no smooth transition from old to new implementations, neither any Support. Going in circle, getting stuck...

Seems they are only concerned about data collection rather than offering proper services and support.

Same issue for me.

Ye bc pagal bana rhe ha hame, pehle bar kuch kharedne laga tha socha tha life change hojayegi, per yha to apni bhn pesh kar rhe ha, yha bachu ki gand dhone ka pani ni ha or yha tension se pani nikli jarha ha 

I have the same problem...

CM2
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

The same problem and the same frustration that many developers suffer from. We are at a beginning stage in development. We were not looked at and our problem was solved. We did not work hard to solve our problems.

Hi all,

First, I just wanted to say I am so sorry for how frustrating this is, especially when you are reaching out to support for answers and aren't getting any. The are a number of things that can trigger a payment method or billing error, but the bigger issue is the lack of clarity as to exactly which error or issue is causing your own. While I don't manage or have any deep knowledge of our GCP support infrastructure / process, I work at Google and can at least try to get you answers on what to do next to resolve it.

Give me a day and will get back to you with what I've learned so far.

Sarah K 

please any update ?

Its been more then a day, no update?

It's been over 3 weeks. Hello?!

I am getting this error  [OR_BACR2_34] and [OR-ACH-01]

I have this same problem

This action couldn’t be completed. Try again later. [OR_BACR2_34]

same issue!!
we developers are here to develop the things, no to look for payment solutions.😒

Any update on this issue?

Is this seriously still an issue after this long? I just want to sign up, I don't care about the free trial, just let me sign up.

Hi User 

I got the solution over internet 

• Contact GCP Support and explain the issue. They're going to send you a specific form to fill out, and it will get passed to the GCP Billing Support team.
  • This might take time and several messages back and forth - don't give up; be concise and explicit in your responses. You will eventually get the correct form. Fill it out and send it back. Be sure to use the email that's going to be controlling the GCP Billing Account.
  • Be detailed in your message to GCP Billing Support. They will go back and forth with you for a few days, but eventually, they will "Green Light" your account. This only lasts for 24-48 hours, max. I waited three days, accidentally missing the reply from the GCP Billing team, and they needed to do it again. This is where you'll finally sign up and create the Billing Account.
  • They'll then ask you to verify the card or bank account belongs to you by depositing a few pence into your bank account. Verify that transaction immediately or it's all got to start again. Once this is done... you're in.

Where can I access GCP support without paying any charges?

As i am trying to complete the payment verification but i am getting error please try to resolve the issue ASAP as it is affecting the beginners and coders for integration please find the error below after making payment multiple times by adding CC details

Action unsuccessful

I am getting this error message please resolve this ASAP.

Action unsuccessful

I'm getting this error, literally I have tried to setup an account more than 10times, but the money is getting deducted, still setup is not successful. Please guide, I need a solution soon.

I am getting the similar error:

Action unsuccessful

This payment method can’t be used for recurring payments. Learn more about accounts [OR_BACR2_36]

I'm getting this error, I have tried doing setup almost more than 10 times, with 2 different accounts, and tried with 4 different Visa debit or credit cards, money is getting deducted but still it gives action unsuccessful response. Please I need help as soon as possible

By chance do you have 2-factor auth currently activated on your debit card? That is one of handful of things that can cause this error... more details here, if you haven't already seen this by chance. Let me know.

Thank you, I have verified govt ID cards and debit card, and it got resolved

Hi renu. How exactly did you resolve it and make it work. I'm facing the same issue as you. 

Hello, I must deactivate the 2-factor authentication of the card so that it can be processed and it does not give me the following message?:

Action unsuccessful

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the ongoing issues I have been facing while attempting to create a GCP account. This has become an incredibly frustrating experience, and I am disappointed with the lack of response and resolution from your end.

I have attempted to create an account multiple times, and each time I encounter the error message: "This action couldn’t be completed. Try again later. [OR_BACR2_34]." Despite my persistent efforts, I have been unsuccessful in opening an account. What adds to my frustration is that for every failed attempt, GCP has deducted 2(Bucks) from my account. As a student, this financial loss is particularly burdensome, and it's disheartening to see my money being deducted without any successful account creation.

Moreover, my attempts to reach out to GCP support for assistance have been in vain. I have not received any response or guidance on resolving this issue. This lack of support is highly unprofessional and reflects poorly on the overall customer service experience.

I signed up for GCP with the intention of learning its services as a student. However, this experience has been far from educational; instead, it has been filled with frustration and financial loss.

I urge you to prioritize and expedite the resolution of this matter as soon as possible. I expect a prompt response and a satisfactory solution to rectify the issues I have been facing. It is imperative that GCP takes responsibility for the inconveniences caused and ensures a seamless account creation process for its users.

I look forward to a swift and effective resolution to this matter.

Sincerely,

Pruthavi
(PII Removed by Staff)

Action unsuccessful

Action unsuccessful

same here 

I'm trying to use Map Tiles API, before that need to complete Payment Information Verification.
but every time I try, this message will popup. I tried Thursday and also today. (country: Sri Lanka. but I think our country is ok for that process, I have already used google play paid account) 

Action unsuccessful

any solution ? 

Make sure the name on your debit card matches the name of the organization you provided and address, that's all you need to do and then you're in.

new error 😅

This payment method can’t be used for recurring payments. Learn more about accounts [OR_BACR2_36]

anyone?

Top Labels in this Space