Validating character count in google translation api v3

We are facing an issue with the billing for our translation services using the Google Translation API. Its been pending with the support team for the last 2 months and we are yet to get a proper reply or clarification on the query. We have provided all the inputs including the estimated daily character count which differs significantly with what google is showing as the character count.

All we need is someone to help understand why there is such a stark difference. The technical team has been unavailable all this time to come on a call and provide any inputs.  Every few days 1 get a response saying , we will get a revert in 2-3 business days. Not sure if they are that busy or don’t have any answers.

Anyone facing similar issues ?

We are unable to escalate this further as there seems to be no way of doing this . Anyone aware of how do we escalate ?

1 1 265
1 REPLY 1

Hi @carltgc

I completely understand your frustration. Dealing with a billing discrepancy and not getting a clear response from support can be very stressful. I can see how this has been ongoing for two months, and that must be incredibly difficult.

I've looked into the Cloud Translation open issues to see if there's anything similar. Unfortunately, I found a feature request instead, asking for the ability to see translation cost estimates or billed character counts. This might not be the solution you were hoping for, but hopefully it sheds some light on why there might be a delay.

In the meantime, the Customer Care procedures document can assist you to escalate this further.

I hope I was able to provide you with useful insights.

Top Labels in this Space