Slice Filter and dependent results

I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve. I've looked around here and in other forums, but I haven't found an adequate answer.

I have a table called Bitacora, which has the following structure 

Yeyo1976_0-1714701664143.png

The form has this structure

Yeyo1976_4-1714702092863.png

The 'alumno' field is referenced to a slice to display only the records associated with a useremail

Yeyo1976_3-1714701835159.png

Yeyo1976_2-1714701817869.png

โ€ƒWhat I need is for the 'Nombre Apoderado' and 'Email Apoderado' fields to be populated with the data corresponding to the previous selection. For example, if I chose Hija 2, then shows me Hija 2 fathers name and email.

I tried using the Lookup function, but it didn't work (at least not for me).

I tried using dependent references, but it's not working for me 100%, since I have to select the guardian first and then the student, which is an unnecessary extra step

Please help me.... 

Solved Solved
0 3 60
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If 'Nombre Apoderado' and 'Email Apoderado'  are on the same table as your table referenced by 'Alumno', you can use the dereference expressions [alumno].[Nombre Apoderado] and [alumno].[email Apoderado] 

If 'Nombre Apoderado' and 'Email Apoderado' are on a different table, you can use lookup as long as that table also has a Alumno column to use in your condition: Lookup([_thisRow].[Alumno],"Table Name","Alumno","Nombre Apoderado")

View solution in original post

Reference type columns use the key column. In your Alumnos table you should set Rut Apoderado as a REF type and then use [rut apoderado].[nombre] to get your [nombre apoderado] value. Your label value will still display in the app for the reference column

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If 'Nombre Apoderado' and 'Email Apoderado'  are on the same table as your table referenced by 'Alumno', you can use the dereference expressions [alumno].[Nombre Apoderado] and [alumno].[email Apoderado] 

If 'Nombre Apoderado' and 'Email Apoderado' are on a different table, you can use lookup as long as that table also has a Alumno column to use in your condition: Lookup([_thisRow].[Alumno],"Table Name","Alumno","Nombre Apoderado")

Thanks!!!

Second choice works fine. 

I have another question, maybe a bit silly.

I have two related tables (Alumnos and Apodreados). They are structured in such a way that when I enter a new guardian, I can also add a new student.

Yeyo1976_5-1714742512582.png

Yeyo1976_3-1714742450663.png

Yeyo1976_6-1714742596815.pngYeyo1976_7-1714742697608.png

Why is this happening if I have the KEY in the Apoderado RUT (unique number) and the Label in the Apoderados name?

Reference type columns use the key column. In your Alumnos table you should set Rut Apoderado as a REF type and then use [rut apoderado].[nombre] to get your [nombre apoderado] value. Your label value will still display in the app for the reference column

Top Labels in this Space