Omit the column when empty

On the basic report I need to omit the columns that are empty

IMG_0378.png

Solved Solved
0 5 116
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AleksiAlkio is correct.

So instead of using If/EndIf expressions in your current template you need to take a different approach to this. Depending on how your tables are structured, it may not be possible but here is one way to do it.

Create an EXPENSE TYPE table with, ID, name, and fixed/variable type. 

Entries in the EXPENSES table has a column to reference the EXPENSE TYPE table.

Then run your on a schedule without setting any particular table but use <<START>> to select the EXPENSE TYPE like this

TeeSee1_0-1714903213946.png

Then the following data 

TeeSee1_1-1714903264385.png

outputs this

TeeSee1_2-1714903301378.png

Below is what is in EXPENSE TYPE

TeeSee1_3-1714903392991.png

Again this may not work for you because of other constraints, but I hope this gives you ideas that you can play with.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do you mean hiding rows where the sum is blank?

Yes

I believe i need to add ISNOTBLANK(), But evertime I do it it doesnโ€™t work Iโ€™m missing something

When you are using table with your Bot template, the IF: & EndIf expression can hide the value, but I'm afraid it doesn't remove the row itself from your table.

@AleksiAlkio is correct.

So instead of using If/EndIf expressions in your current template you need to take a different approach to this. Depending on how your tables are structured, it may not be possible but here is one way to do it.

Create an EXPENSE TYPE table with, ID, name, and fixed/variable type. 

Entries in the EXPENSES table has a column to reference the EXPENSE TYPE table.

Then run your on a schedule without setting any particular table but use <<START>> to select the EXPENSE TYPE like this

TeeSee1_0-1714903213946.png

Then the following data 

TeeSee1_1-1714903264385.png

outputs this

TeeSee1_2-1714903301378.png

Below is what is in EXPENSE TYPE

TeeSee1_3-1714903392991.png

Again this may not work for you because of other constraints, but I hope this gives you ideas that you can play with.

I believe that you may have gave me the solution to two problems

1. Omitting columns when empty .It may work i will try

2. I needed a way to make a report show the enums that the user adds to the โ€œBasic Expense Reportโ€

Top Labels in this Space