Default Admin User Attributes create faulty SQL

Hi,

The default Admin User Attribute according to this article is %, NULL.
However when we use this all the explores that have access_filters give back No Results. When looking at the SQL that is generated there is a statement with WHERE <stringcolumn> = ‘%, NULL’ .  Of course our <stringcolumn> doesn’t hold any records with “%, NULL” and as such all results are filtered out. 

Can anyone help figure out why this functionality doesn’t work?

Kind regards,

Luca

Solved Solved
0 1 237
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! I had this same issue when I first started using attributes for access_filters.

Check that your Attribute has the Data Type is set to advanced. I’m assuming based on your question it should be String Filter (advanced), but there are also advanced options for numbers and date/time. 

If the type is only String then it can’t read %, NULL as unique values “%” and “NULL” and will try to filter for “%, NULL”  which won’t match anything.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi! I had this same issue when I first started using attributes for access_filters.

Check that your Attribute has the Data Type is set to advanced. I’m assuming based on your question it should be String Filter (advanced), but there are also advanced options for numbers and date/time. 

If the type is only String then it can’t read %, NULL as unique values “%” and “NULL” and will try to filter for “%, NULL”  which won’t match anything.