Zola is seeking a superstar analyst to join our Growth team. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining the data that helps our entire organization make better, faster decisions, as well as get the chance to own ad hoc analyses that provide valuable insight into our business.
This person must be comfortable working with business partners at every level across the organization, understanding their needs and providing insights for better decision-making. This person is not just providing data but thinking critically to get to the root of a question to provide an above-and-beyond solution. They must be passionate about evangelizing a self-service data culture, with the goal of every team having the information at their fingertips to make intelligent, productive decisions every day. This person must have an exceptional ability to break down complex and often ambiguous problems, play detective and efficiently troubleshoot issues, and prioritize multiple tasks and requests.
- Serve as the point person for data requests and BI tools questions
- Develop Looker reports and dashboards in response to data needs with solutions that bring analytics to life
- Understand the bigger picture – Zola’s business model and forecasting processes – in order to provide the right metrics and analytics for users
- Maintain Zola Looker model in a way that makes common tasks more efficient and user friendly
- Partner closely with the Tech team to maintain an up-to-date understanding of our data structure
- Audit data model for opportunities to improve performance and clarity for end users
- Communicate data changes to Looker users, SQL users, and the broader organization as necessary
- Train new hires and existing Looker users on how to build their own reporting; identify and solve for learning gaps across the organization
- Create processes and standards that build trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organization
- Ad hoc analyses – support Growth team with special projects
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytics or BI role in a fast-paced, data-driven environment, preferably in ecommerce or at a startup
- 1+ years developing in Looker
- Advanced SQL and experience with relational data including exposure to complex data models
- Excel power user; excellent quantitative and data skills
- Creative, scrappy, and customer-obsessed
- Superior attention to detail and data integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and build trust with both technical and business partners
- Strong business judgement and ability to see the bigger picture
We’re Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We’re reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place. We’ve raised over $140 million in financing, and we’re proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.