We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist/Engineer to join TouchNote and take responsibility for analysing large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company.
You’ll join a rapid-growth environment and drive insights and analysis, working alongside another Data Scientist, FP&A Analyst and Backend Developers in the Infra Team.
About The Role
We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Your goal will be to help our company analyse trends to make better decisions.
Key responsibilities include:
Identifying valuable data sources and automating collection processes
Undertaking preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
Analysing large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
Building predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
Combining models through ensemble modeling
Presenting information using data visualization techniques
Proposing solutions and strategies to business challenges
Collaborating with our Acquisition and Retention teams
You are a strategic and analytical thinker who can see the potential TouchNote has to become ever-more successful in the coming years. You’re super smart, thoughtful and considerate, you have a track record of delivering results, and you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Ideally 3 or more years experience as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst or Data Engineer
- Knowledge of SQL is essential - good knowledge of R or Python desirable
- Experience using business intelligence tools - preferably Looker
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
TouchNote is the world’s most popular postcard-sending app.
We believe the world would be a better place if everyone took a few moments to be a bit more thoughtful and considerate. We call it ‘keeping in TouchNote’ and it’s at the heart of everything we do.
It’s our mission to make it easy for people to send thoughtful postcards, prints and presents with just a few taps of a phone or tablet.
Since 2008 we’ve helped to send over 9 million postcards worldwide. You’ll find us featured in leading press publications, as well as on fridges, desks, pinboards and walls across the globe!
We’re privately funded and based in London, UK.
Salary and Benefits
Negotiable based on experience
Other perks include:
- Our Thoughtful Holiday Policy - it puts you in control of the amount of holiday you take!
- Company laptop (Mac or PC - you choose!)
- Choice of wellbeing benefits which include Private Medical Insurance and/or a gym membership
- A membership with Perkbox which gives employees access to plentiful discounts such as half price cinema tickets at major cinemas including Odeon and Vue, free mobile insurance and many more
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Friday drinks
- Team lunch fortnightly
- Team socials every month
- Free TouchNote credits to use on our products
Contact Elise at email@example.com if you would like more information