Material World - Business Intelligence Analyst
We are seeking a highly analytical and strategic Business Intelligence Analyst to work directly with the CEO across key functions of the company in growing Material World as a data-driven and user-focused business. Our entire operation from our website, debit card processing to our fulfillment centers is focused on creating a seamless and enjoyable end-to-end customer experience. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven team members who are energized by the ability to continue improving the experience based on a data-driven and user-focused mindset.
The Analyst has a successful track record of implementing high ROI data-driven initiatives in fast paced organizations, and will be analyzing data in order to provide sophisticated learnings that can add value to our approach to pricing, revenue generation, user modeling/engagement, marketing performance, and operational productivity. The Analyst has strong cross-functional teamwork skills, and will be involved in every aspect including the development and deployment of data-driven elements of our business. The ideal candidate can break down complex business problems and user problems into data driven approach to drive development, and is passionate about the iterative “test and learn” approach for continuous improvement to meet goals. The candidate will be reporting directly to the CEO and collaborating closely with the Marketing, eCommerce, Product, Operations, Finance and Technology teams. The candidate is an autonomous executor as well as a value-adding collaborator. They should be comfortable working with both technical and business-oriented audiences, and able to translate requirements between different functional groups. Experience in startups, fashion, and eCommerce is preferred.
About Material World
Material World is shaping the new fashion frontier.
As the leading luxury fashion trade-in service and eCommerce destination, Material World aims to change how we think about shopping and expressing ourselves through resale and reinvention. Material World’s luxury trade in service is transparent, hassle-free, fast, and environment-friendly, so you can enjoy evolving your look while extending the lifecycle of your fashion purchases. Trade in yesterday’s fashions for credit to shop either new or pre-owned at materialworld.co and at 900+ retail locations nationwide such as Bloomingdale’s, Barneys and Intermix. All items find a new home through our eCommerce shop where they will be re-worn with love or are donated to our charity partner Housing Works.
Founded in 2012 by two ecommerce natives and Harvard Business School graduates, Rie Yano and Jie Zheng, Material World has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, ABC News, Women’s Wear Daily and is headquartered in Industry City, Brooklyn.
Passionate, nimble and authentic, our team thrives on improving our company inside and out. Always innovating, we create opportunities for growth and learning through open communication and believe strongly in developing each other and our company culture.
Ship us the old, evolve with the new.
- Own the full cycle of data analytics processes, from data discovery, data verification and business requirements to developing models, visualizing results, identifying actionable insights and communicating results back to stakeholders across Marketing, eCommerce, Product, Operations, and Finance.
- Ensure ongoing support and maintenance of reporting systems and develop creative solutions to business problems and workflows.
- Partner with each business owner to define, develop, and execute the vision, roadmap, and requirements for Material World’s internal and external analytics, reporting and data visualization platforms
- Build, improve, and maintain accuracy and relevancy of reports, dashboards, and tracking metrics to monitor performance of our initiatives
- Ensure that internal and external stakeholders have access to the actionable data, reporting and insights needed to carry out their roles
- Develop models to both examine historical performance and predict future behavior for Marketing, eCommerce, Operations,and Finance
- Take a hands-on role as “super analyst” to utilize Material World’s dataset to investigate and problem-solve complex and/or ad hoc business questions
- Effectively communicate quantitative findings into actionable recommendations for senior executives and applicable team members
- Act as a liaison between technical and non-technical audiences, driving technical requirements for internal and external reporting systems
- Partner with marketing, eCommerce, Product and customer service teams to develop data-driven narratives and materials that can help internal and external stakeholders better understand the role of Material World
- Measure both efficiency and effectiveness of operations process to identify key drivers and highlight areas of opportunity
- Provide tactical marketing performance analyses to optimize retention, CRM and email marketing efforts
- Analyze user behaviors on the site to measure feature adoption and help prioritize future product releases
- Perform cohort analysis to monitor user behavior trends over time
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders
User your business acumen and industry knowledge to develop and deliver competitive intelligence and business analytics
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc); Masters or PhD strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience as a hands on BI Manager / Developer / Analyst working with self-service BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Domo
- Proven ability to write, tune and execute SQL queries
- Experience with designing a database schema when you have data coming from disparate sources
- Proven track record managing and delivering a wide variety of analytic solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience influencing a business or marketing strategy through the application of advanced statistical techniques and data-driven solutions
- Experience with mySQL, Redshift and best database schema practices as well as comfort with basic programming/query logic
- Experience using Looker and other business intelligence tools to translate insights into simple visuals
Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to display data visually, and a passion for creating powerful data-driven stories which effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior and marketing analytics
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects and resources concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to develop great relationships across diverse teams (including engineering, finance, marketing, e-commerce, operations)
- Comfort working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment full of growth and change
You can apply to this job HERE.