As the largest distributor of building materials in the UK, Travis Perkins Plc has been helping to build Britain for over 200 years.
With over 5 businesses, 16,000 colleagues and more than 1,200 branches, stores and sites around the UK we believe we have the best people and the best place to work. Everyone works hard together to deliver results, but most importantly, have some fun along the way!
This newly created role is a part of the highly impactful Data Hub team that includes Data Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, Data Governance and Privacy and BI Support teams. The key focus of this role is to maintain and grow our online data-sharing platform for our suppliers and customers. This is a cross-functional role and requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with technical teams and interact with internal clients.
- Support the Business Product Owner in capturing requirements for reporting and interact with other teams in the Data Hub regarding implementation
- Manage existing Looker dashboards and support internal and external Looker users
- Maintain the health of LookML projects, ensuring existing contents are working
- Engage and collaborate with Looker developers across the TP Group to share best practices and ensure the platform is used efficiently
- Become a subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform and visualization tool
- Be responsible for maintaining security and data access models within Looker Ensure consistency by adhering to a set of naming conventions.
- Ideally, you have interest and exposure with LookML models, looks, and dashboards
- Expertise in visualisation technologies, including Tableau, Looker and/or another BI tool
- Intermediate SQL skills for querying and creating views/tables
- Familiarity with GCP BigQuery would be an advantage.
Please apply through our Careers Website
I've been working as a Looker developer since 2+ years. I have experience on LookML and Dashboards building using looker and looker studio. I have good knowledge on Power BI as well. Within these 2 years I worked completely on Big Query as a data source.
Apart from this I am good at data modelling, actions building for multi tab generation while exporting data, data actions for modifying the data from looker in Bigquery. Please let me know if any other details are needed.