We are looking for a BI Data Analyst to join our Analytics team at Headset! Details about the role are below. If interested please apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3039320622
Founded in 2015, Headset is turning retail-derived data into real-time insights to help businesses easily understand the cannabis industry through data analytics and market intelligence, enabling them to make better-informed decisions, unlocking success and pushing the industry forward. Headset drives a competitive edge for retailers, vendors/producers, distributors, and companies looking to enter the market.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will use their passion for big data and analytics to provide insights to the business covering a range of topics. They will be responsible for conducting both recurring and ad hoc analysis for business users. In this role you will be analyzing consumer transactional data to find meaningful Insights about consumer purchase behavior. Results are communicated via building dashboards, writing white papers, and presenting during Webinars. The BI data analyst will often be asked open ended questions and will be tasked with finding ways to concisely and effectively communicate their findings to large audiences as well as asked to develop new KPIs. Examples of analysis can be found here: https://www.headset.io/industry-reports. This specific role has a heavy emphasis on product development and will also work closely with the analytics engineers to be cross trained on dbt fundamentals, ELT processes, and bug triage.
This role will be a 100% remote role with a small amount of travel to attend quarterly company meetings.
- Develop clear and impactful visualizations of analytical insights to convey complicated data in a straightforward fashion, utilizing Looker and LookML as well as a variety of other tools.
- Extract data from Snowflake and SQL databases, perform exploratory data analysis, cleanse and aggregate data.
- Work cross-functionally to develop specs for product dashboards or analyst service projects and manage projects through development, testing, documentation, and training.
- Understand the day-to-day issues that our business faces, which can be better understood with data.
- Communicate results via whitepapers, slide-decks, training videos, and in client meetings.
- Bachelor's in Mathematics, Data Analytics, Business, Computer Science, Economics or related field
- 2+ years Experience using SQL databases (MSSQL, Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience working in Looker and writing LookML (similar BI tools will not suffice, a LookML test will be part of the interview process)
- 2+ years of experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data visualization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working with business users to understand and document their needs
Salary range of $75k-$110k
Flexible Fridays (allowing you to work 4 days per week)
Medical, Dental, Vision
401k and Stock Options
Tuition/Training Stipend of $1,200 annually