Goop is looking for an innovative and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our team. In this role you will help unify and bring to life our ever-growing data from all areas of the business – ecommerce, retail, web, mobile, a/b testing, logistical, advertising, marketing, experiential and much more! You will partner with various stakeholders and lead the charge on finding ways to make accessing data and insights easier, whether it be via automated solutions or machine learning algorithms.
The ideal candidate is someone that not only has strong technical expertise in SQL, Python, and wrangling large amounts of data, but someone that is a strong collaborator and is a passionate advocate for data. The company is growing at an incredible pace and we’re looking for someone thoughtful, agile, and energized to help propel us to the next level.
- Explore and implement new methods of deriving insights from data ranging from automated reporting and analytics to machine learning
- Develop incredibly valuable datasets that will be leveraged across the company
- Help to build, maintain, and optimize data systems (data warehouse, ETL, BI Tools, etc.) that bring together various data sources
- Ensure data quality and flow throughout data warehouse and reporting tools
- Collaborate across business functions (analytics, planning, marketing, merchandising, operations, product) to identify optimizations that make getting answers from data easier
- Expert knowledge and experience of SQL
- Expert knowledge and experience of Python coding; machine learning libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas a plus
- Experience enhancing and maintaining a data warehouse including use of ETL tools; experience with Redshift and AWS Suite a plus
- Experience taking data from a raw form and transforming it into something easily consumable via a BI tool such as Looker or Tableau
- An expert problem solver, detail oriented and able to identify and resolve issues. Experience and ability to QA multiple data sources
- Strategic, cross-functional thinker able to gather business partner buy-in for ideas and projects
- Experience at a start-up or small company
- Understanding of online user behavior metrics, content optimization, digital advertising and ad serving optimization, and web analytics
- Experience with ecommerce and retail companies a plus
To apply, please email resume & cover letter to email@example.com.