Getaround is an on-demand carsharing marketplace powered by our proprietary hardware technology, the Getaround Connect. Headquartered in San Francisco since 2009, we won TechCrunch Disrupt in 2011, and launched on-demand carsharing just two years later.
With $100M+ in funding, Getaround has expanded across the nation, serving the metro areas of SF, LA, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Washington DC, New York / New Jersey, and Boston, and with many more on the horizon!
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works. We imagine a world where cities feel small again. Where transportation and tech bring people together, instead of apart. We see the future as community-driven — and it starts with you.
About the role
As a Business Analyst on the Business Intelligence team, you will have a unique opportunity to work closely with and impact every team at Getaround, including Marketing, Sales, Operations, Product, Finance, and our Leadership team. It is our goal to ensure that everyone in the business has access to accurate information and enable data-informed decision making.
Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical, technical, and business background with a motivation to influence the future of mobility.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with business owners to understand and identify key business questions, challenges, and KPIs to increase cars and renters on the Getaround platform and guide outstanding decision making
- Empowering teams at Getaround to track business success on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis through the building and maintaining of dashboards and other tools
- Interpreting large data sets, preparing recommendations, and presenting to senior members of the team to influence the strategic direction of the company
- Troubleshooting data issues, validating result sets, and recommending/implementing process improvements
What you’ll need
- Academic background in finance, economics, math, computer science, or related quantitative field
- 2-4 years experience in an analytics role in a fast-paced environment like tech, consulting, investment banking, etc.
- Expertise with LookML and other SQL languages
- Expertise manipulating large data sets and building models in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool like Looker, Tableau, GoodData, Pentaho, etc.
- Results driven“get it done” personality; able to balance multiple projects as second nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to produce high quality and concise deliverables
- Experience managing project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in a methodical and structured way
- Experience working with customer analytics platforms like Segment or Amplitude
- Experience with A/B testing and other forms of statistical analysis
- Experience with ETL tools like Stitch and Fivetran
- Exposure to operations research methodologies