Brandless - www.brandless.com - is hiring a data analyst! We are reinventing modern consumption by making better stuff at fairer prices available to everyone. We’re starting with our everyday essentials collection: better-for-you versions of the things you use all the time, from snacks to soap to spoons. All for just $3. We created and curated products that match your values and requirements, from organic to gluten-free to paraben-free. Plus, with every order placed on Brandless.com, a meal is donated to people facing hunger through Feeding America. We also love using Looker 🙂
If you are interested in applying: https://boards.greenhouse.io/brandless/jobs/924194
Full job description:
The data team plays a crucial role in the growth of Brandless as we partner with engineering, product, marketing, operations and other teams to lead data-driven decisions. We are excited to reinvent modern consumption and we are the data experts behind our mission.
Brandless has data from a variety of sources (think web, support, merchandising, logistics) and our goal is to ensure it gets utilized by inspiring and driving strategic decisions. One day we will be parsing raw data for our logistics team and the next day we may be developing a new metric for customer retention.
The team is growing quickly and each member will greatly shape the future of our impact on Brandless. You will have the opportunity to both learn from existing members and mentor your future colleagues.
- Perform deep-dive analysis into business problems and provide actionable insights for multiple teams.
- Develop metrics across Brandless to track performance and improvement over time.
- Build ad hoc and automated reports and dashboards to drive consistent data-driven insights.
- Design and build the Brandless data model to make common analytics tasks more efficient.
- Evangelize data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Identify and act on optimization opportunities using data, such as hypothesis testing or forecasting.
- Independently and creatively mine Brandless data to develop product improvements and strategy recommendations.
- BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or similar technical field of study.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a data analyst role with multiple completed projects to speak towards.
- Strong experience with SQL and database design.
- Working knowledge of a scripting language such as R or Python.
- Experience building dashboards and reports to drive business insights for a variety of consumers.
- Strong business intuition and ability to make actionable suggestions based on analysis.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- MS in a technical field of study.
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as R or Python.
- Experience with statistical hypothesis testing.
- Experience with time series forecasting.
- Experience with ecommerce analytics.