Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage. This NYT article is a good introduction to who we are.
Data & Analytics at Andela:
The Data team arms Andelans across five countries and two continents with the means to make data-informed decisions at every turn. This includes tooling and infrastructure as well as thoughtful analysis. You’ll work with analysts who cover areas within Supply (Success, Learning), Demand (Sales, Marketing, Partner Experience) and in the future, data scientists who will leverage the warehouse you’ve taken to the next level. The mandate and scope of the team is essentially unlimited, and ranges from business metrics to analyses that ultimately become productized.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain data pipelines between 1st- and 3rd-party products and the data warehouse used for company-wide analytics
- Collaborate with all teams across the company to ingest data and apply appropriate business logic
- Administer and optimize PostgreSQL databases, data model
- Work on a globally distributed data team in New York, Lagos and Nairobi
- Be a member of a team making a large impact on Andela's strategy
Who you are:
- A self-starting, curious data professional with 2+ years of experience
- Expert in SQL, adept in Python
- Experienced working on relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, Redshift)
- A strong communicator and team player
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenging data problems
- Familiar with ETL frameworks (eg. Airflow, Luigi) and/or tools (eg. Jitterbit, Informatica, Boomi)
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Looker (which I’m guessing is why you’re here!)
- Google Cloud Platform
- High-growth startups
Apply here if interested!