Last tested: Nov 27, 2019
If you want to enable folders for your Projects and have a large number of varying lookml files, take the following precautions before you get started.
- Have all developers check in all changes before anyone enables folders.
- Identify any files that are using NDTs and flag them as files that need the include statement to be updated.
- Identify any model files that have include statements. These will need to be translate to the new include syntax post-migration.
- Check to make sure that connections that do not have PDTs enabled do not have
include: /../*.viewas this can cause lookml errors.
- After checking the enable folders box in your project, make sure that no one else is make commits/pushes anywhere else in the project until you have deployed the new folder structure changes. This can blocks commits that prevents you from resolving merge conflicts.
- If you encounter the issue from #4, revert all uncommitted changes, pull, and push immediately. Fix any issues after deploying to production.