Last Tested: Aug 15, 2020
As of Looker 7.10, the requirements for Looker passwords are written down in Docs.
After 5 failed attempts you will be locked out for 5 minutes. As of 6.20, the Login Lockouts admin page (/admin/lockouts) enables admins to unlock a user before the lockout period expires.
To get more control, consider connecting Looker to your external authentication system (eg SAML, LDAP).
1. Does my Looker password expire?
A: No, Looker passwords do not expire after a certain number of days (they are not rotating passwords).
2. Is there a restriction on Password Reuse?
A: The only rule is that the new password must be different than the previous one. However, it could be the same with the one used before the previous one.
3. Can passwords contain Personal Identifiable Information (PII) Content?
A: It is not recommended to use PII in passwords. However, Looker does not check or prevent passwords with PII.
4. Is there a minimum time between Password Changes?
A: There is no minimum. You can change passwords immediately after changing a password.
5. Password Differential: At least how many characters must change between old and new password?
A: As long as the old and new passwords are different, the password will be accepted. (So, 1 character.)