How do I make a Look/Dashboard full screen and remove the Looker banner? (Presentation and Embed mode)

Knowledge Drop

Last tested: Feb 24, 2021

You can add /presentation/ or /embed/ in the URL of an explore, Look or dashboard. Both will make the content full screen and remove the top navigation bar. For dashboards next, you can add a parameter, print_mode=true to the URL. (/dashboards-next/1234?print_mode=true)

There are subtle differences between the two, but it's most important to note that /embed/ will show exactly the way that embed users will see the content.

This content is subject to limited support.                

Comments

Note that `/presentation/` for legacy dashboards and `print_mode=true` for dashboards-next are also ways to display the renderer view of a dashboard—that is, the way the dashboard should appear in downloaded or scheduled PDFs.

IanT
Participant V

hey @chris_seymour1 is there any way to mimic an email containing viz rather than a pdf, even more specifically using single column layout?

Thanks!

Hey @IanT , I believe generally the formatting for PDF and PNG should be the same for dashboard sends/schedules, so the `/presentation/` and `print_mode=true` URLs should work for those too.  But let me know if you see otherwise!

IanT
Participant V

We send out fairly wide tables and set the table size to wide and use single column layout, viewing this in the browser hasnt shown the problems we see in mail clients. Its a case of trial and error whilst waiting a few minutes for the mail to arrive.

Sachin_Bargal

How do I make a React Extension full screen and remove the Looker banner?

Version history
Last update:
‎06-14-2021 06:16 PM
Updated by: