How are files sent to SFTP and S3 buckets named?

Knowledge Drop

Last tested: May 31, 2019

All file names look like scheduleName_timestamp_hash, where hash is a random 6-character identifier and the timestamp follows the pattern YYYY-MM-DDTHHMM (e.g. 2019-05-31T0933).

There is a feature request ticket to be able to customize the file name of files sent via schedules: Change file name for data sent in schedules

This content is subject to limited support.                

Comments
simonbird

+1 to the feature request. Our team is looking for an option for Send/Schedule via SFTP that allows us to upload files without the six-character unique string. Data being delivered is one of our primary deliverables in the clinical data space, and several of our clients cannot accept this file naming convention. This renders us unable to configure automated data transfers for them, which causes frequent breaches in our SLAs.

Examples of some required formats:

• filename_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv
rickh
Observer

Any idea when we can control the name of an automated csv file?  I too have a requirement where I need the file name and then the date such as 06NOV2021.  I also do not need the random 6 character identifier.  Where are you on this?  Thank you.

jmaloney
Community Visitor

Is there an update on this FR? We also have customers who are having issues accepting files with the random identifier appended to the end of the file name. Thanks!

jhodge-16390027

Our team is also looking for the ability to change the naming convention and remove the hash. We have a requirement to deliver a pdf version of a dashboard each month with a specified naming convention. ex: 

scheduleName_MMYYYY.pdf

Is there a way to do this in the UI or the API?
Thanks!

Looker_User0101

Hi all,

We are running into customer requirements to remove the MMYYYY. Has there been an update on this feature request ticket by chance?

Bradley_Keiffer

Hello,

Adding another stakeholder to this request. We are having trouble with our partners ingesting files due to the HASH that exists at the end of the report.

sassanuvat

Any updates on this? 

Version history
Last update:
‎05-07-2021 09:08 AM
Updated by: