As a developer, I can edit the model, but I cannot access any of the explores in this model when I'm in dev mode, only in production mode. Why is that?

Knowledge Drop

Last Tested: Jan 22, 2019

Wow, that's strange! If we check the model access of the developer role, we would also notice that developers do not even have access to this model. What?! How can this person even access the explore under production mode then?

Actually this happened with a reason!

With no surprise, developers will also have other roles or groups, this gives them some lower level permissions, you might also see the model that referred in this issue appeared in one of these roles or groups, and very likely these roles does not have "develop" permission.

The role permission is model specific, so if a developer role does not have access to a model, then the explores on this model will not be accessible under neither prod or dev mode. If a view-only role with access to this model is given to the developer role user, then this user will be granted the access to the explores under production mode, same as the view-only users, but dev mode access will be still limited by the developer role mode access.

This content is subject to limited support.                

Version history
Last update:
‎04-05-2021 09:08 AM
Updated by: