Question

SQL Runner

• 17 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I am exploring a model, when i create a look, i am getting an error grouping is not allowed,

So how can i change and save the sql query which is run automatically by a look?

Regards,

Harika.

5 replies

Hi Harika,

I don’t think you can do that - you’ll likely need to modify your LookML in the model and/or views so that the SQL generated is valid. It’s hard to know without specific examples …

Rob

Hi Harika,

You can grab the sql generated from the query of that Look, if you click on the tab SQL which is beside the tab RESULTS. In the small window that will open at the bottom of the page, you will see the sql generated from the query, and two other tabs (at the very bottom of the page) that will take you to the sql runner page Open in SQL Runner and Explain in SQL Runner. Let us know if this is what you are looking for.

Sara

Hi Sara,

I am able to see the two tabs Open in SQL Runner and Explain in SQL Runner, but i don’t want the changes to be done in the project, I want the changes to be happened at the report level which is look.

Harika.

Rob,

If i change the sql at Model or view level for a single look,that will get affected for other looks as well,

So at the report level can i do the changes?

Harika.

Hi,

I don’t think so, sorry!

R