Change the Model of a dashboard from A model to B model (Dashboard lives in B model but looking at A Data model)

Thanks you all for helping here.

• Request I have: 

We have a dashboard that is created under GSS's data model. However this dashboard lives now under CA model (But still looks at GSS's data model).

• Problem:

People who do not have access to the GSS model (As they do not need it) cannot use it. Get LookML of the dashboard: “model: GSS”

• Goal:

Change the model that the dashboard is looking at from GSS model to CA model.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried/thought:

Following this article from Looker help center, I have thought of:

• Use the Looker Content Validator to change the model. This one feels a bit risky to me. Applying this change there it feels that it will not only apply for the mentioned dashboard but maybe in other places. I am concerned that is going to change the model GSS to CA everywhere. So I did not press the button...
  • Use Create LookML Copies of Dashboard.  As per the instructions, I have created under CA model a dashboard taking the LooML from the dashboard and updating the model it is looking at. Problem here is that, if I have done it correctly, I cannot find where this dashboard is created to visualize it.

Would you please mind giving some help here please?

0 1 652
1 REPLY 1

Your second option is how I would do it.

“Use Create LookML Copies of Dashboard.  As per the instructions, I have created under CA model a dashboard taking the LooML from the dashboard and updating the model it is looking at. Problem here is that, if I have done it correctly, I cannot find where this dashboard is created to visualize it.”

What you may have forgotten to do is include the dashboard file in the model file. It will appear in the LookML dashboards folder - same place as the other db.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors