Release Date: October 13, 2015
End of Cycle Date: November 2, 2015
See All Release Notes
Visualizations & Dashboards
Introducing Newspaper style layout for Dashboards, which allows for some tiles to take up more than one row while others remain on a single row. Also improves ease of dragging and dropping tiles. Learn More.
X-Axis density automatically reduces based on available space for a visualization.
Updated the Add/Edit Filters modal for easier application of filters to Dashboard tiles. Learn more.
Introduced ability to edit filters on a particular tile directly from gear menu. Learn More.
- Improved responsiveness of filter input boxes on large dashboards.
#LookML & Development Environment
date_rawfield type and
rawtimeframe, which excludes timezone conversions. Learn more
- Suggestions now work with
- Improved the speed of the LookML Validator.
- Made the behavior of
type: yyyymmddthe same as
type date, which means that timezone conversions will not be applied to it.
- To minimize load on customer databases, Looker now truncates the contents of pdt_event_log action_data column after 5 days.
- Fields are now prevented from being both a ‘distinct’ type AND a primary key to avoid errors.
Group to Role Mapping for SAML. SAML Authentication setup now includes the ability to assign groups to roles.
Custom Backups: Ability to specify a non-standard S3 region.
PDT panel improvements: Ensured that we always provide a reason for rebuilding tables and sped up loading time in certain situations.
- Removed Load Balancing settings unless instance is load balanced.
- SSO URL generator will use hostname instead of port.
Oracle: Generated PDT names may be truncated as necessary to prevent errors.
Data Virtuality: Query killing now works as expected.
Vertica: Fixed bugs that were causing inaccurate month and year filtering.
MSSQL: No longer allow tables to lock during long running queries.
Redshift: Improved pivots in database & improved performance of date predicates.
#General Updates, Bug Fixes and Tweaks
Powered By Looker: Embedded Looks now show totals, row totals and table calculations.
Scheduled email tables now include gridlines for easier reading.
Improved loading time of Explore pages with many views.