Release Date: July 21, 2015
End of Cycle Date: August 7, 2015
See All Release Notes
Visualizations and Dashboards
Hide Fields From Visualizations. Learn More.
Choose Looks Modal Improvements: Now supports adding multiple copies of the same Look to a single dashboard. Learn more.
- Chart Specific Improvements:
Single Value: Font size adjusts based on page size when on a dashboard
Pie Chart: Value labels now available
Bar & Column Charts: Ability to order stacked bar charts by ascending or descending values within each column
Donut Multiples: configurable series label font size
Legends for Cartesian Charts Can Be Right or Left Aligned. Learn More.
Reference Lines Remain on Chart When First Series Removed. Note: series dependent reference lines, like min., max, or mean will still refer to first-series values. Learn more.
X-Axis Setting Improvements.
- Force axes to align at zero when negative values are present and no min or max are set.
- Setting for “Time” on the x-axis now works with only one series.
- Time label formats are now available for “Ordinal” setting.
Authentication and Security
Added SAML Support Learn More.
Improved Suggestions for Filter Drop-Downs.
- Suggestions are now available from joined persisted derived tables.
- Fixed an error preventing the
suggest_exploreparameter from working.
Added Warning When Downloading All Results. This has been introduced to reduce unintentional user error in downloading overly large result sets.
Improved LookML Button Behavior. See LookML button next to the Explore name in the Field Picker now jumps to the corresponding Explore definition in the development environment.
LookML & Development
value_formatparameter to be applied to dimensions of
- Support custom ports in git URLs. Learn More.
Query Management Panel. View details of recent and running queries with the ability to kill long running queries. Learn more.
Usage Panel Updates:
- Dashboard schedules are now explorable via a new explore (scheduled_task_dashboard).
- Derived tables are now available in the i_looker model.
- Exposed top looks as an element on the Usage Panel.
New Query Management Panel
##Dialects and Databases
- Hive support now includes PDTs.
- Snowflake support now includes Symmetric Aggregates and PDTs.
- Improved memory usage for downloads on Redshift and MySQL.
##General Improvements, Bug Fixes and Tweaks
Updates to Scheduled Emails:
- Links in scheduled emails will now only be available for measures, not dimensions.
- E-mails with content larger than the allowed size limits (based on e-mail provider) will be converted to html attachments instead of being cut off inline.
- Link to explore data in Looker has been moved to the top of the e-mail for increased visibility.
History now includes Looks.
Fixed an issue with the free-text input boxes in the visualization editor clearing unexpectedly.
Right justify values for numeric table calculations in the data table.
Provide a useful error when limit of 30K rows with pivoted data is reached. Note: error appears in the .csv file, not within Looker.