3.20 Release Date: April 27, 2015
Features Graduating out of Labs
These features were in Labs for beta testing in 3.18 and are now coming into product for all instances.
Table Calculations: Ability to define calculations on the results of a query from the Explore page. Learn more.
Redesigned Field Picker: The field picker now collapses fields by their view and date group, removes uppercase view names from fields, and changes the color of measures. Learn more.
##Dashboards and Visualizations
Scheduled Dashboard improvements Learn more.
- Scheduled dashboards can now appear as inline messages or as PDF attachments
- All dashboards can be scheduled from their gear or from within a Space
- Scheduling icon with scheduling information now appears for each scheduled dashboard in its Space
Streamlined Developer Workflow Learn more.
- Simplified Git options from the main Git button
- Perform Git actions without losing your place in the editor
- Each user’s developer mode now correlates to a branch and commits in dev mode are synced with GitHub or your Git service. “Deploy to Production” will update your production environment by merging that branch to master.
Liquid conditions in Joins: allows only certain information to be brought through in a join (e.g. a date range) for performance improvements. Learn more. See documentation.
view_label: a new parameter used to rename views in joins. Learn more. See documentation.
sql_distinct_key- a new parameter for computing distinct aggregates based on a distinct field. Learn more.
- Paginate and search users at /admin/users
LDAP Groups - Instances using LDAP for user authentication can now organize new users according the the groups already existing in their LDAP configuration.
##General Improvements & Tweaks
Support for MariaDB
Symmetric Aggregates and Persistent Derived Tables Are now available for Teradata
Maximum number of column limits is now 200
Fix for null vs false values in SQL Runner
Minor updates to PDT Admin panel