Unnecessary Re-validation on commit

I think I’ve come across a bug. When writing LookML, after saving changes and validating, when I click the ‘commit’ button the validation begins again (before eventually showing the commit message dialog).

I thought this might be due to editing files in multiple tabs and the saves not being complete when I first validate but after trying a few times this happens every time.

This is an on-prem installation, version 7.8.25. If others aren’t seeing this then it could be our installation. It’s certainly frustrating as the codebase is quite large and validation is slow so this is a double speed bump.

1 9 453
9 REPLIES 9

I noticed it as well. Seems redundant really

ah well then at least it’s not (just) our problem… I did glance over the release notes and didn’t see anything but maybe it’s fixed in 7.10

I’m glad someone mentioned this. It’s been super annoying 😦

+1 on getting this bug fixed asap, it makes committing very frustrating. It is a known bug, I spoke to Looker support a few weeks ago about it and it doesn’t sound like it will be fixed until September 🙁

We hear you, and we bumped into this internally as well (we do lots of LookML development ourselves!). We jumped on this and it’s been fixed on our internal branch, but won’t be released until Looker 7.12— Which will begin rolling out in 2 weeks, not September. Along with a few other IDE related goodies 😋.

thanks @izzymiller, glad it’s fixed and looking forward to the ‘other IDE related goodies’!

@izzymiller this is still happening on 7.12.18 version. We are self-hosted btw.

Hmm, this was definitely resolved as of 7.12. It’s possible you’re seeing a new issue or something related! Is it exactly the same behavior?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors