union of 2 views with different data set loations in bigquery database

i am trying to create a union with 3 database views under derived table with 2 of them with dataset location “europe-west”  and one with dataset loation “US”. now when i try to create a report i get an error “The Google BigQuery Standard SQL database encountered an error while running this query.

Query execution failed: - Not found: Dataset xxxxxxxx was not found in location europe-west3”. Is there any workaround to get rid of this error 

Solved Solved
0 3 874
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Actually you might have to create new dataset and then just copy the tables to  the new dataset

bf5d645e-a340-40bb-8191-d2c7d1bf7d18.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In cases like these I usually try to test the code for the derived table in BigQuery directly. I believe datasets have to be accessible from the same location, in order to be able to UNION them. What happens if you copy the third dataset with location europe-west and then run the query?

Hello Dawid, Thanks much for the response. Unfortunately I couldnt to change the location of the dataset from US to europe west while trying to copy the dataset. I tried to execute the code for the derived table in Bigquery and it didnt work.

Actually you might have to create new dataset and then just copy the tables to  the new dataset

bf5d645e-a340-40bb-8191-d2c7d1bf7d18.png
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors