Unable to create explore, model file doesn't recognize views exist

I created a project > Model file > Views but when I try to create an explore in the model file using one of the existing views I get this error, "
Explore name must match a view name, or the explore must provide a ‘from:’ or ‘view_name:’ property" even though the view I am referencing does exist.

1 8 3,063
8 REPLIES 8

IanT
Participant V

You got “include: *. View” attribute in the model file?

Yes, and that too is giving me an error : This include does not match any files

Its like the views (which have been committed to production) don’t even exist as far as the model file are concerned.

IanT
Participant V

Maybe you have somehow messed up the file extensions!? check github to get a clearer picture of the file names.

Did you ever resolve this error? I am having the same issue , I have the include: “*.view” and 6 explores already in the model pushed to prod.

When I created the table it defaulted into a view, I had to drag and drop out of that folder before I could use it.

Hi,

The name of the view file and the view in the view file may be different!

If you haven’t solved for this, add the include to your model:

include: "/views/airports.view"

If it happened that you renamed your View at the side File Browser console (to airport_arrivals for example), you have to open the view and adjust the name inside the view itself at the first line of the code.

1    view:  airport_arr {            Change it to =>          1    view:  airport_arrivals {

by doing that, the model will start recognizing the view name.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors