Templating in localizations

In my LookML, I have the following: 

valueFormat: '#,### "tons"'

I would like to localize the “tons” string, but have not been able to do so.

Is this something that can be done?

Meanwhile, I have a few titles that are repetitive:

Ex: Potato 123, Potato 321, Potato 444.

My current localization file contains a translation for all these labels. Is there a way to do some templating in the localization? Ex: “Potato {{ number }}”.

Solved Solved
0 1 91
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Answered through support:

1. Should have been using the word interpolation => more clear, and it is the real name of what I was looking for.
  2. I learned about the existence of Constant expressions. Not what I was looking for, but its interesting.
  3. This is not supported. They have a feature request for this specifically: `Use liquid Variables in "Value Format" #50367` in Pendo (I cannot figure out where to create an account if anyone can point that to me...)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Answered through support:

1. Should have been using the word interpolation => more clear, and it is the real name of what I was looking for.
  2. I learned about the existence of Constant expressions. Not what I was looking for, but its interesting.
  3. This is not supported. They have a feature request for this specifically: `Use liquid Variables in "Value Format" #50367` in Pendo (I cannot figure out where to create an account if anyone can point that to me...)
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors