SQL Trigger Value Triggering Regeneration in Models the View is not deployed in

JLiou
Participant II

Hello,

We use BigQuery as our DWH and we have 2 models: 1 for Legacy SQL and 1 for Standard SQL and various views built with Legacy SQL and various others built with Standard SQL. We deploy the Legacy SQL views in the Legacy SQL model and the Standard SQL views in the Standard SQL model.

I have deployed some views in the Standard SQL model with the sql_trigger_value parameter to have these views’ PDTs rebuild at a specified time every day. However, I noticed that when the view tries to generate a PDT it tries the Legacy SQL model first - it then fails (because these views are written in Standard SQL), then never tries again in the Standard SQL model.

I noticed both models have the this include parameter, include: “*.view.lkml”, which I suspect is the culprit for this behavior. We don’t have Looker structured to use IDE Folders so I am unable to use that.

Outside of listing each view individually, is there an exclusion filter (opposite of include)? Otherwise, is the only solution in my case is to list all views individually so that the Legacy SQL model doesn’t try to call on the Standard SQL views?

Thank you!

0 0 90
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors