SQL Runner Module within View file in IDE

Feature: As a LookML developer, I spend a majority of my development time in SQL Runner and within a View within the IDE. Since these are my two go-to tools, I find myself having to switch between several different tabs and eventually getting lost in a sea of Chrome tabs.

I could save so much time developing LookML, building derived tables and testing SQL if I had access to a SQL Runner Module within a View File in the IDE. No more switching tabs, no more opening another window to select top 10 from a table, no more copying SQL from a view and pasting it into another window 🔥

This could be a stripped down version of the full SQL Runner, no need to show Connections, Schemas or History, just add a run button by your derived table definition or table declaration and a nice little SQL Runner at the bottom of the page that can be minimized or resized.

1 1 112
1 REPLY 1

This is a crazy and cool idea! Thanks for the screenshot to help explain it. I shared this one out to the modeler experience team directly as I expect they’ll find it interesting.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors