What is this Block and what does it tell me?
Zendesk is a customer platform that enables companies to track customer interactions and address customer issues through tickets and other customer support services. Looker’s Zendesk design patterns make it easy to create a tool that tracks and analyzes customer experience by measuring number of service requests, resolution timing, product engagement, and other metrics. Use this Block to:
- Monitor the number and severity of tickets at the user, department, or organizational level, all in real-time
- Enable support teams with email alerts for high ticket volumes, trigger words, or any custom criteria
- Identify common issues across customers to inform product strategy
- Aggregate and compare issue types, severity, and resolutions across customer verticals
- Understand peak hours/days to optimize support availability
- Combine with Analytic Blocks such as Affinity and Rolling Average
Data type and technical info
Zendesk data can be exported in a few different ways. One particularly effective method involves piping Zendesk data into SDFC with one of Salesforce’s native connectors. This allow you to analyze customer service issues along with account performance, presenting the opportunity to make precise, customized customer health metrics. Zendesk also has a robust RESTful API, allowing users to port data directly into a database. Please speak with a Looker Analyst to learn more about how Looker can work with your data format.
Included below are sample screenshots of a few out of the many reports / dashboards that can be created with this Block:
Customer Ticket Dashboard
Customer Health Dashboard
How to implement this block
The LookML for this block can be found in this Github repo. You can either download the entire block into your Looker application by following the directions outlined here, or selectively migrate pieces of the block by simply copying + pasting the block LookML into your Looker instance.
If you don’t have a Github account, we encourage you to create one for easy access to this block. If you don’t have access to the repo, or cannot make a Github account, please contact a Looker Analyst or email email@example.com and we’d be happy to help.