Set cache for calendar month based reports?

ihayes
Participant III

A lot of the reports generated by our Looker system have a whole calendar month time filter

Is there a way to set the report query caching so that these reports stay in the cache until the start of the next calendar month?

For example, a report has a date filter set for: “in the past 3 complete months” '. This report can stay cached until the start of the next calendar month. Thus, if I run the report on the 10 March 2020 it can remain in the cache until 31 March 2020.

1 2 145
2 REPLIES 2

I don’t see an exact fix for calendar months. But this is what I found is a near fix.

1. Edit Dashboard.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. You can turn off the Run on Load option and add 30 days to the dashboard auto refresh option.

calendar month

Hope this helps.

ihayes
Participant III

This is for a mix of Looks and dashboards

Also I can’t see how this would work. The true need is to have a cache expiry policy that is focused around the use of a time dimension and a trigger action that reflects the time interval type.

Hence, if the time filter is ‘complete month’ then the trigger is the start of a new calendar month, or if the time filter is ‘complete week’ then the trigger action would be the start of a new week

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors