Query Failure with undefined method 'gsub' for nil:NilClass

I am getting this error message on an explore when trying to pivot across a date type. This is the error I am receiving:

5cbd2902-57cc-4427-a9a4-43648a809617.png

The dimension that I am trying to pivot on is set up like this in the view:
dimension_group: accounting_period {

type: time

timeframes: [

raw,

date,

week,

month,

quarter,

year

]

convert_tz: no

datatype: date

sql: ${TABLE}.accountingPeriod ;;

}

Any advice on what this error means here?

Solved Solved
0 5 611
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just talked to a customer support from Looker. It is likely due to a legacy feature that is no longer supported in the latest Looker version. A temporary fix would be enabling the “Use Legacy LookML Runtime” feature under Admin >> Legacy Feature>> Use Legacy LookML Runtime.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I am also seeing this error when pivoting on a dimension_group with type time

This is a bug, please reach out to support for getting this filed and addressed.

I am also having this error when dealing with a data related field.

Just talked to a customer support from Looker. It is likely due to a legacy feature that is no longer supported in the latest Looker version. A temporary fix would be enabling the “Use Legacy LookML Runtime” feature under Admin >> Legacy Feature>> Use Legacy LookML Runtime.

@cherubic  Are there any downsides to enabling that feature? Any capabilities that I would not have by enabling it?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors