Primary key required in each View refinement?

I’ve noticed that Looker complains that my refinement views do not contain a primary_key dimension, despite the fact that the view being refined already has a primary key defined. 

Does this mean that I need to declare a primary key each time I do a refinement? (If so, why?)

Or is it just a bug with the “code-checker” (or whatever it’s called)…

6084491a-f0a9-4403-9d00-8eb1c87ea4b3.png
Refinement view
75535fff-9bba-4ef7-a4ca-b58f26cf6e65.png
Source view

So far, I haven’t encountered any issues when using refined views that don’t have a PK redeclared, but I’m concerned that I may just have missed something up to now. 

Solved Solved
0 3 1,739
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I confirm I also see this warning. I’m not sure if it was there before but if it were, I never noticed it and I am sure it has no impact..

View solution in original post

The "i" symbols (a.k.a. gutter warnings) are usually local in context, and as you noticed may provide false positives. However, it's definitely not a blocking error, and is actually not a problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I confirm I also see this warning. I’m not sure if it was there before but if it were, I never noticed it and I am sure it has no impact..

Thanks @Dawid. Appreciate the validation - was worried I was missing something important here.

The "i" symbols (a.k.a. gutter warnings) are usually local in context, and as you noticed may provide false positives. However, it's definitely not a blocking error, and is actually not a problem.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors