What is this Block and what does it tell me?
Parse.ly is a digital media analytics solution. Their product, the Parse.ly Raw Data Pipeline, collects, enhances and streams real-time user and content data to your warehouse (Redshift or BigQuery). The Looker Block for Parse.ly provides a staring point for exploring and visualizing this data. A sampling of the many types of analysis that come with this Block includes:
- Visitor segmentation by OS, Geography, Device Type, and Media Content
- Referrer analysis to determine where visitors are coming from
- Time Series Analysis like Daily Active Users and Daily Pageviews
- Article level metrics like average engaged time, referrer breakdown, and daily visitors
- Visitor Cohort Analysis: Metrics by first visit, total engage time, lifetime visits
Data types and technical info
Looker supports both Redshift and BigQuery enpoints provided by Parse.ly’s Raw Data Pipeline
Please note that Source Blocks are only available to current and prospective customers. Please reach out to your assigned Looker Analyst for questions, assistance implementing this block, and access to the LookML code.
Included below are some sample screenshots of a few out of the many dashboards that can be created with this Block:
Publishing Overview Dashboard
How to implement this block
The LookML for this block can be found in this Github repo. You can either download the entire block into your Looker application by following the directions outlined here, or selectively migrate pieces of the block by simply copying + pasting the block LookML into your Looker instance.
If you don’t have a Github account, we encourage you to create one for easy access to this block. If you don’t have access to the repo, or cannot make a Github account, please contact a Looker Analyst or email email@example.com and we’d be happy to help.