Manifest Lock Error

mariabgf
Participant I

Has anyone come across this type of error when trying to Update Dependencies?

d38b3e51-1ad4-4074-95db-f13bb7cd1c21.png

And how did you solve it please?

I’m only having this issue with that specific branch. But I tried doing the same in other Looker instances and had no problem.

2 5 629
5 REPLIES 5

We’re having the same issue. Projects that worked fine before and where nothing changed in prod suddenly show this error. Some other projects with identical remote dependency configuration, manifest and manifest_lock files work fine.

Changing the ref from a branch name to a commit hash solves it temporarily, but I had similar unexpected behavior when using hashes in the past. Especially the difficulty to reproduce this is concerning. It happens *sometimes* to *some* projects and without any code changes or production pushes.

We’re having the same issue on our instance on a regular basis. Every time this happens we need to change the commit hash or branch to something else and then it starts working again for some time until if gives the same error… It would be great if someone has extra insights.

leobardor
Participant V

Hi Mariabfg!

Did you try removing the main folder from remote_dependencies and re-pull dependencies?

Best,

Leo

Hi Mariabfg!

Did you try removing the main folder from remote_dependencies and re-pull dependencies?

Best,

Leo

I think I did, if I understand your suggestion correctly.

I even changed the remote dependency to a local dependency and back, removed the remote dependency and bring it back in, keep hitting the ‘update dependency’ button, etc.

mariabgf
Participant I

Hi Mariabfg!

Best,

Leo

Hi, do you mean in the host where we have Looker? If that’s the case, we don’t host our Looker instances, and I did create a ticket with Looker support, they’re just taking a while with no answer, and I’m kind of blocked from moving on. Changing branches “temporarily fixes it”, but we can’t move forward with that, given that our company has a standard on how to handle branches.

At least I’m relieved to know this is not only happening to us, and it seems this is a generalized issue with remote_dependencies, so hopefully Looker can give us a solution and fix this bug.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors