Manage Explore access for different users

hi i m new to Looker. 

my company has various dashboard originally letting all users to see, now we want to extend explores to advance users to create their own dashboard. 

we want to mange their access on use of explore without affecting them to see all the dashboard, is it possible to do that in looker?

ps: i’ve tried access grant method but that’s not working as that rules out people looking at the dashboard too 😞

just want to see if any possible way to do this?

thanks for ur help!

0 2 295
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @winky321 

Have you tried using content access? If the users do not have access to the folder the dashboard is contained in, they should not be able to access it. They should still be able to use the underlying explores to create other/new dashboards though. 

The other thing you could try is to extend the original base explore into a new explore and apply the access grant on the extended explore. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Eric

@Eric_Lyons 

thanks for the suggestion! we want to limit the access on explores so content access probably wont be able to help too much.

I tried to apply extend to the original base explores but it seems that all of the dashboard that build based on the original explores become unable to view. Is that a normal thing or something is wrong with it?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors